Students need to opt in to share their DecidED progress with their advisor. There are two ways that advisors can ask students to join their organization in DecidED:
- Invite students to share their progress with you via email.
- From the Students tab on your dashboard, click on the “Invite Student” button in the top left corner to invite one or more students via email.
- Enter one or more email addresses and select which group you would like the student to appear in.
- Students will receive an email with a link to accept your invitation. From there, they will either be prompted to log in or create a new account if they don’t already have one.
- Add students by sharing a group code.
- Each group in your “My Groups” tab has a unique six-digit alpha-numeric group code, which is visible under each group name in that tab.
- You can share that code with any student who is registered with DecidED. They can enter the code on their profile menu under “Organization Info” to join your organization.