Students need to opt in to share their DecidED progress with their advisor. There are two ways that admins or advisors can ask students to join their organization in DecidED:
- Invite students to share their progress with you via email.
- From the Students tab on your dashboard, click on the “Invite Student” button in the top left corner to invite one or more students via email.
- Enter one or more email addresses and select which group you would like the student to appear in.
- Students will receive an email with a link to accept your invitation. From there, they will either be prompted to log in or create a new account if they don’t already have one.
- Add students by sharing a group code.
- Each group in your “My Groups” tab has a unique six-digit alpha-numeric group code, which is visible under each group name in that tab.
- You can share that code with any student who is registered with DecidED. They can enter the code on their profile menu under “Organization Info” in their profile menu to join your organization.